Skyblocky vs Arkham

Discussion in 'Archived Discussion' started by lolxdjklol, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently, I've started playing on Arkham while waiting for the next reset for Skyblocky. Here are some crazy differences that I've noticed

Unqualified Staff
    Staff on the server do not fully understand the rules and are unfit to serve. If you ask a question, you probably won't get a response. Here, the staff is so supportive and helpful with a great deal of knowledge about the rules.

Political corruption
    Chances are, if you spent more than $100 dollars on Arkham, you're staff now! This is political corruption on a whole new level. This relates to the Unqualified Staff section greatly. When random people are tasked to do something that requires a lot of expertise and dedication, they'll most likely fail.

Toxic Community
    The day I started I watched a conversation between two people who were RECOMMENDING DRUGS TO EACH OTHER FOR THIRTY MINUTES STRAIGHT. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them DIED within the next couple of days. Anyways, there's a ton of cursing and profanity. A couple of "pLEase Be nICe" ensures that there's a healthy community on Skyblocky.

So yeah, fix Skyblocky. Also, buy me memelord k thx bye

• Okay Okay x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. arkham is a better server

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Well I mean for those edgy types, Arkham’s a lot better, and it’s a lot more popular due to the fact how open it is to everyone. Skyblocky is better in terms of kid friendly, supportive communities.

I prefer Skyblocky, but as a once active user on Arkham, it has its perks too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Then go staff there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. some people hAve donated upwards of 5k just saying

• Okay Okay x 1
  6. No.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yeah, well, I feel like this could be cause Skyblocky used to be Candycraft which was a child friendly server where you couldn't even say "poop" without getting warned or muted. Arkham was always a fairly toxic server, but in my opinion a lot less toxic now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. lmao

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Hi, I'm an admin from Arkham, just in-case you don't know who I am.

Since when? You see memelords all the time, a $500 ranks, that aren't staff members. We choose are applicants, it is a very rare occurrence that people just randomly get added to the staff team. I can understand where your coming from, your an outsider looking in and forming your opinion about the server. But from a higher ranking staff member that actually plays the server daily, it's not a bad community. We have a useful staff team, and they get things done. We just don't hand out staff ranks, that's unfair and unprofessional.

If you have a problem with staff not answering your questions, why don't you just report them instead of making a thread over here bashing Arkham staff and calling them "unfit to serve". Your accomplishing nothing by doing this, just making our staff team less appealing to be a part of.

Yes, Arkahm has toxicity. Skyblocky came from a child friendly server, where Arkham has players that age from small kids to forty years and above.

I truly hope this gave you some new insight instead of all negative.

• Okay Okay x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. I appreciate your answer and it does provide some better insight into both communities. Of course, there are going to be exceptions to all of my points, but I hope you know where I'm coming from. When I ask a question, I can usually not expect a response. But I am willing to admit that my message can often be overshadowed by many other messages. One time, I saw Serayne92 come on and a couple of regulars asked for helper rank. He gave out a couple and then left. I feel like you and Kroc already addressed my point about the toxic community well.

Thanks for all the criticism!

11. tbh this rant being put here is almost as useless as @bearbee11

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I'm going to respond to this without "memeing" about it (I know. It's rare for a person like me) and actually use my person experience as an ex-moderator on arkham to respond to this.

BTW my IGN is RipJawz in case you didn't know. I'm permanently banned on my main forums account @RipJawzz but I don't care for it to get unbanned cause I never use this website anyway.

Unfortunately, this is very accurate. I'd have to admit, I wasn't the BEST staff member, but I tried my best (I had school going at the same time). Right now, it seems that the management is consistently accepting applications without fully examining the player before hand, like we used to do. Instead, as soon as they see that 4 digit word account, they're accepted. This resulted in a lot of mediocre staff at best.

Let me reword this. Like what @Christo said, this has nothing to do with money. The money plays a role somewhere else in the corruption of this server. Anyway, when it comes to the staff team (especially the admin/management team), there is bias on a whole new level. Yes, I understand that bias is a natural humanistic behavior we can't get rid of, but the bias in the staff team is quite clearly voluntary. You see females being treated much better because the admins want to get in her pants or some shit. The corruption in the admin team was the reason why I was demoted.

Nothing you can do here. It's what gives Arkham its "uniqueness".

Before you Arkham staff or anyone for that matter things I'm writing this to bash the staff team - I'm not. The staff team has improved a lot since I was staff back in 2016/17. Although, there's still some problems, and the staff team needs this criticism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Thats why Serayne has ARCADEWARS, xoxo

14. Can we just get prison back already

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I honestly think that there should be a prison server on Skyblocky. I think that it would give the server a lot more diversity.

16. Sky Prison

17. y e s

18. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.